Welcome to the office of Smita Parikh Mengers, MD, FAAP and Wendy Rumble VanBronkhorst, MD, FAAP your experienced and caring pediatricians in Germantown! If you're looking for accessible pediatric care, a child–friendly environment, with a bilingual staff and a responsive team of Board Certified Pediatricians in Germantown, then look no further. We love kids, and our goal is to have a positive impact in the lives of children by providing exceptional health care and compassionate service to the families we serve.
At our office we offer a full range of pediatric care including prenatal visits for expecting parents, well–child check–ups, immunizations including most travel vaccines and same day sick appointments. Our team is committed to providing quality service in a comfortable, safe office setting where children and parents can feel at ease. We also set aside time to equip parents with the tools and resources necessary for the development of healthy children from birth to adolescence.
We invite you to take a few moments to browse our website and familiarize yourself with our practice. We hope that it will serve as a valuable resource for you. You'll find all of the helpful information you need about our practice including doctor bios, service details directions to our Germantown office and new patient forms.
We look forward to walking alongside you as you guide your child along a path of optimal health and wellness. We can assure you that you'll feel confident in our ability to not only meet, but exceed all of your expectations. For questions or to schedule a visit, contact our office today!
Office Visit Update Regarding CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Due to ongoing and rapidly changing recommendations from our national and local health department authorities, our office will take the following steps to limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and ensure the current and future safety of our patients, employees, and family members.
1) All sick visits requests that require an appointment will be done as a same day telemedicine visit. Please contact our office by phone or portal message if you would like to set up a telemedicine visit.
2) Though at this time we are not scheduling any office in-person sick visits, fortunately in most cases Dr. Mengers and Dr. VanBronkhorst will be able to provide you advice through the patient portal or a televisit on how to take care of your child at home without an in office appointment. As you have probably read in the news the vast majority of Coronavirus infections in children are mild or moderate illnesses similar to having a regular cold and thus can be easily managed at home.
3) As stated by the Maryland Department of Health on 03/20/20: “The vast majority of people recover from this infection. Most people will have mild or moderate symptoms. Most people may be advised to recover at home and isolate themselves from others.”
4) If your child has trouble breathing or other concerning symptoms then we will refer you to the ER for appropriate testing and treatments.
CHECK-UPS (Well Visits):
1) As of May we will be scheduling check-ups for ALL our patients.
2) Please notify us as soon as possible if any person coming to the check-up (parent or child) currently has any of the following so we can reschedule your appointment:
cough, fever, sore throat, cold symptoms, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, exposure to anyone at your home with a any of the above symptoms or known direct exposure in the last 14 days to anyone who tested positive for COVID-19.
3) Please limit visitors at check-ups to only the patients and one parent. Please do not bring siblings, nannies, grandparents, etc.
4) In the event of a full stay-at-home quarantine directive these check-ups to administer vaccines and monitor the health of our youngest patients are considered essential and will continue.
OUR OFFICE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
We are takings this issue very seriously. To ensure you and your child’s safety and limit any potential spread to the community we will take the following precautions:
1) All staff and providers with direct patient care contact may wear personal protective equipment (PPE) at every appointment such as face masks and gloves.
2) Your exam room will be disinfected with a hospital grade anti-bacterial wipe before your appointment.
3) When patients are in the office the surfaces of our waiting room will be wiped down every hour with a hospital grade disinfectant wipe.
4) When you enter our office you will be escorted directly to your disinfected room. As a small practice with reduced patient traffic and an open space office design, you will not be crowded anywhere and will have minimal exposure to anyone other than our staff.
AS ALWAYS THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING!
Smita Parikh Mengers, MD
Wendy VanBronkhorst, MD