What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine (aka televisits) is a HIPAA compliant virtual appointment that during this COVID-19 pandemic is being covered by most insurances. In this scheduled appointment you will have the providers undivided attention from the safety and comfort of your home. However, during your televisit it may be determined that your child needs to be seen in the office for an exam or testing. We have modified our office space and schedule to ensure we can deliver safe medical care.
- Must be a current patient at our practice.
- Child and Parent must be present at the time of the televisit. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- You must have access to your child's patient portal.
Telemedicine Appropriate Visits:
- Behavior Concerns
- Sleep Issues
- Academic Issues
- Select follow-up encounters (at the physician’s request)
- Pink Eye
- Allergy symptoms
- Puberty concerns
If your child is experiencing symptoms that are not on this list, please call or chat with staff to find out if they are eligible for a telemedicine visit.
Benefits of Telemedicine:
No more phone-tag: This is a common frustration for both parents and providers. We want to connect with you and answer your question but reaching one another can often be a challenge!
You will have the providers undivided attention and receive the advice you’re seeking for 15 minutes: No interruptions and if you need to show the provider something they will have the ability to see your child in real time!
Things you should know:
- Not all medical questions and conditions are appropriate for televisits. If we receive a request that is best suited for an appointment in office, a staff member will contact you to schedule an office visit.
- Televisits will be billed to your insurance company. Copays, coinsurance, and deductibles may apply.
- Since televisits are done while the patient is at home we will ask you to get and record certain vitals.
If you have any questions please call the office at 301-540-7496.